Friday 20 July 2007

In search of von Schertz

In one of my earliest posts I wrote about my failure in locating a copy of Carl Ferdinand von Schertz's famous book Magia Posthuma that Augustin Calmet quoted in his Dissertation. Well, I have been spending a lot of time in search of the book, and now there's hope, because I believe that I have located a copy! So watch this space to find out if I can get my hands on the (Latin) text of the book. Actually, I am trying to find out if there are other copies of it somewhere, and I even intend to collect all the information I have (and can get) on von Schertz and his books. However, I am, of course, still interested in getting in contact with anyone who has information on von Schertz, his books and his life!

Below is the short 'biography' of von Schertz in Johann Heinrich Zedler's Grosses vollständiges Universallexicon aller Wissenschaften und Künste published between 1732 and 1754.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...